Login to Complete Award Entry or to Access Judging Panel
AWARDS CATEGORIES FOR COMPONENTS OF COMMUNICATION PROGRAMS OR CAMPAIGNS
You may submit individual components of larger programs or campaigns to be recognized for excellence in the following categories. Entries are judged on four key areas —planning/content, creativity/quality, technical excellence and results. When completing the online form, designate on the official entry form the category that most closely fits the primary purpose of your entry. You may submit more than one entry per category or entries in several categories, but each entry must be submitted separately on the online platform.
Helpful hint: Did you enter the National PRSA Bronze Anvil awards competition? Use your Bronze Anvil entry as a starting point, as the components criteria for the PRSA NCC National Capital Excellence in Communication Awards (ECAs) closely follows the criteria for the national PRSA Bronze Anvil Awards.
Integrated Media Relations: Tactics, programs and events driven entirely by media relations that generate news coverage across the full spectrum of online, broadcast, print and social media outlets. Submit any supporting materials, such as press releases, media advisories, satellite media tour materials, pitches, relevant tweets or posts, requests for coverage, outgoing messages to bloggers and/or influencers, etc., along with evidence of the resulting media coverage.
For online coverage, provide the URL for actual sites that are still live and relevant to the project. For television and radio broadcast coverage, submit/upload all materials. For print articles, blog posts or other online coverage, upload screen captures or PDFs.
- Integrated Media Relations - Campaigns with Budgets Under $25,000
- Integrated Media Relations - Campaigns with Budgets of $25,000 and Up
Social Media: This category includes the use of: web widgets, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok and YouTube campaigns, and other forms of social media, which are used as part of public relations programs. Submit any supporting materials, such as the URL address of sites involved, screen captures, outgoing messages, news releases, audio or video files, etc., along with evidence of the results. Upload screen captures, audio and video materials, or put in URLs that link to audio or video materials. For this category, you can submit the following:
- News Release/Announcement – Show activities where social media was leveraged to share news or information directly with your audience.
- Video – Detail a successful initiative driven through videos on Byte, YouTube, TikTok, Instagram or other social media channels that built awareness with internal or external audiences.
- Advocacy – Share how social media spread information related to an issue or cause.
- Events – Share events primarily promoted through social media outlets.
- Podcast/Webcast: A copy of the actual podcast and/or webcast entry should be uploaded online, along with the actual site URL, or other audio or video program(s) must be uploaded as part of the entry.
Podcast/Webcast: A copy of the actual podcast and/or webcast entry should be uploaded online, along with the actual site URL, or other audio or video program(s) must be uploaded as part of the entry.
Publications, Newsletters and Blogs (Print and Online):
- Single-issue publication designed for a special purpose, brochures, pamphlets, booklets or other small publications designed to inform a target audience about an organization, product, service or issue. It can be print or electronic.
- Newsletter and magazines (print or electronic) designed, written and published periodically to provide timely information to target audiences while supporting an organization’s overall objectives. Submit three consecutive issues.
- Category includes annual reports that report on an organization’s annual performance, books and other publications not eligible for consideration in other categories.
- Web-based journals or blogs which communicate either a corporate, public service or industry position. Screen downloads of the blog being entered, as well as the actual site URL, must be submitted as part of the story.
Public Service Announcements: Audio or video productions of one minute or less distributed to radio or television stations, or print ads distributed to newspapers or magazines as non-paid public service announcements. Single productions or a series addressing the same issue may be submitted as uploads or URLs. Print PSAs should be submitted as a PDF.
Please note: Entries in the following categories must be written in their entirety or substantively by the entrant and not merely “pitched.”
Websites (external, internal or extranets): Use of a website as part of a public relations program. Include screen grabs or copies of key pages to support your one-page summary. In addition, include the website address for external sites.
Internal and External Video:
- Video programs targeted toward internal audiences such as employees, members, etc. Entrants should submit links to video programs as a reasonable representation.
- Video programs targeted primarily at external audiences, including b-roll packages and satellite media tours. Entrants should submit links to video programs as a reasonable representation.